Sunday 15 April 2012

SOMETHING FISHY

When I made the decision to cut down on the amount of red meat consumption, fish was definitely the next best choice replacement, hence here is just a sample of the two types (Tilapia & Mackrel) I normally get from local Africa/Asian store.


Once all the descaling and gutting is done, do fry it in order to add level of additional taste depth. The same oil used for the frying the fish is utilised for cooking the stew. For even over-the-top (I.e. when I have all the time in the world) I do put the fish in the oven at very high temperature for about 20mins to make the skin more crispy (of course it becomes soft when cooked in stew).

Hint: Mackerel is oily, hence was the better tasting one once friend and oven-grilled. You will be in heaven taste bud if you are able to get hold of fresh fish. 


Tilapia once descaled and gutted

Fried Tilapia and Mackrel

No comments: